Information for Groups in 2020
Groups options for a Beautiful Day in the Loire
The Chateau du Rivau and its gardens are ideal for a group visit. Whether you are old car enthusiasts, garden lovers, history freaks or a group of friends travelling around, we are delighted to organise a bespoke visit for you (Minimum 15 persons per group)
Visit can be guided or self-guided with a leaflet
Group price: 9€/person (castle - gardens - royal stables - temporary exhibit) .
For a guided visit of the gardens or the castle add 1 hour. : +150€/group.
Audioguide : 2,50€/(Up to 2 persons per Audioguide)
Booking is required for guided visit.
Great Hall of the castle. @Loiclagarde
- VISIT + LUNCH:
We offer several lunch options:
- Garden Menu (Vegetable soup from the kitchen garden or aperitif, Touraine salad (pork and goat cheese), Garden salad (vegetarian), goat cheese, tart, Rivau wine, coffee) Book online.
(Lunch + Castle/Garden/Stable visit : from 28€ up to 150 guests)
- Quiche Menu (Vegetable soup from the kitchen garden or aperitif, quiche (Tomatoes - Goat Cheese - Pork), goat cheese, tart, Rivau wine, coffee) Book online.
(Lunch + Castle/Garden/Stable visit : from 29€ up to 150 guests)
- Warm Local Menu (Vegetable soup from the kitchen garden or aperitif, pork speciallity of the region (Rillons), Goat Cheese, Tart, Rivau Wine, Coffee) Book online.
(Lunch + Castle/Garden/Stable visit : from 29€ up to 100 guests)
- Hogroast (Salad of the garden, Hogroast potatoes and thyme, tart, Rivau wine, coffee) Book online.
(Lunch + Castle/Garden/Stable visit : from 29€ - 60 to 200 people )
- Gastronomic Lunch : or Groups from 50 to 200 people we also organize a gastronomic Lunch with Aperitif, Starter, Main Course, Desert, Coffee, Sauvignon, Chinon, Water.
(Lunch + Castle/Garden/Stable visit : from 58€). We can also have a band if you would like to dance !
Lunch outside for groups
- VISIT + TEA:
For those who want to come during the afternoon to stroll in the gardens and have a little bite to eat, it is also possible to choose a Visit + Tea package for 14,50€ (Entry + Tea or Juice + Cake)
Homemade cakes for tea
- VISIT + WINE TASTING:
Wine tasting of 3 Loire Valley wines for Groups (Entry + Wine Tasting (1/2h) for 14,5€/person).
30 minutes Wine tasting of our Wine for groups
1 or 2 DAY TOURS AROUND US
- BETWEEN MIDDLE AGE AND RENAISSANCE
Visit of Azay-le-Rideau Renaissance chateau (15 mins from Chinon) - Royal Fortress of Chinon (15 mins from Rivau) - Chateau du Rivau, its gardens and royal stables.
- GARDENS OF THE LOIRE
Discover the gardens of Villandry (35 mins from Rivau) - Chateau du Rivau, its gardens and royal stables.
Should you have two days, visit the gardens of Chaumont-sur-Loire on the first day (1 ¼ away from Rivau).
Discover the town, museum and park of Richelieu. Lunch at Puit doré and visit the Chateau du Rivau, its gardens and royal stables.
- WITH YOUR BIKE
From Chinon to Richelieu (20km / around 12 miles), follow the biking route "la voie verte" safely and stop at the chateau du Rivau for a lunch or tea break.
- CONTEMPORARY ART .
In two days you can visit : the museum of CCOD in Tours, castle and garden Rivau, the Art and Language exhibit in Chateau Monsoreau, and the abbaye of Fontevraud
School groups from 3 to 18 years old can discover our several visits’ offer. Prices: 5€/child without the costume; 7€/child with the costume; +95€/guided visit (max. 30 children per group); free for education leaders and drivers. Contact us for more details