Loire Valley Castle
How to come ?
The Rivau is located in the Loire Valley in the Touraine region.
- WITH YOUR CAR : From Tours, take highway A10 in the direction of Bordeaux and Poitiers. Take Exit 25 in "Sainte Maure de Touraine" then follow the direction of Chinon and the signs to Château du Rivau.
From Angers or Saumur, take Highway A85 in direction of Tours. Take exit 5 "Chinon/Bourguei"l, then follow the signs to Château du Rivau.
- WITH THE TRAIN : From Paris Gare Montparnasse take the TGV to Tours or Saint Pierre des Corps. Then you can either take a train to Chinon and order a private driver (20 mins) to take you to Rivau and back.
Should you want to organise your own minibus contact Mario
- WITH A BIKE : Check out our bike maps and come from Chinon, Richelieu ou Tours.
Le château du Rivau
Tel: 02 47 95 77 47
Fax: 02 47 95 78 46
Latitude: 47.103155 - Longitude : 0.323635
Opening Times in 2020
From April 1th to April 30th : 10am to 6pm.
From May 1st to September 30th : 10am to 7pm.
From October 1st to November 1st : 10am to 6pm.
Groups are welcome to visit all year upon reservation
Admission closes 45 minutes before the closing of the Castle.
For the visit of the castle, royal stable and gardens count a minimum of 1h30. Half a day is optimum to stroll around the gardens.
Groups are welcome all year round with reservation.
The Restaurant is open from April 1st to November 1st(included) . We serve home grown food. Booking is adviced 02 47 95 77 47. The Flower bar is open during school holidays from 12am to 6pm.
Pre-booked groups can visit all year round, contact us for further details.
Visit of the Castle, the Royal Stables, the Press area and the fairytale gardens.
Adults : 11 €
Children (5 to 18 years old) : 7,00€ (Free for Kids under 5 years old)
Students (under 25 years old) : 9,00€
Family 2 adults and 2 kids : 32€
Family 2 adultes and 3,4 or 5 kids : 37€
Handicapt Adult : 7,00€
Handicapt Child: 5,00€
Costume for Rent for Kids: +3,5€ (3rd one free)
Workshop for kids during the vacations : +3,5€
Book your Ticket
Two parkings spots are available on site.
Access to the gardens, restaurant, boutique, royal stables is possible for wheelchairs - Avoid rainy days for the gardens because of the risk of mud.
Access to the castle should be booked in advance for wheelchair.
Guided Tour (1h-1h30) in French, English, German, Spanish and Italian are available for groups on reservation.
Visit without a guide with panels in the gardens and the castle in French and English and a leaflet in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Flemish and Russian.
Language spoken at the counter : French and English
An Audioguide is available in English, French (for adults and kids), German, Flemish, Italian, Spanish and Chinese.
Dogs on a leash are welcome.
1 Full Ticket = 1 reduced fare in other historical site
Castle Le Rivau, Fontevraud Abbey, Castle and Garden from Villandry, Royal Fortress of Chinon, Castle of Langeais and Castle of Azay le Rideau allow you to have a reduced fare if you buy a full ticket on one of the historical monument.
Enjoy the Loire Valley to its fullest by visiting :
- Fontevraud Abbey : a mytical abbey linked to the kings of France and an art center.
- Fortress of Chinon : The Fortress of the 3rd Millinium.
- Castle of Langeais : a medeval castle fully furnished.
- Castle and Gardens from Villandry : extraordinary french gardens.
- Castle of Azay le Rideau : Gem of the Renaissance in the Loire Valley
- Cave de l'Aulée : Wine of the Loire
- Cave Pierre et Bertrand Couly : Wine of Chinon
- La Devinière : Home of Rabelais
- Chateau de Saché : Balzac Museum
- Castle and Gardens from le Rivau : medieval castle and its fairytale gardens.
All our Monuments are less then 30 mins appart